Main Menu

Home FAQs



What is the difference between a B.A. and a B.S. degree?

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) demonstrates proficiency in math while a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) demonstrates proficiency in a second language.

A B.S. degree requires two Quantitative Intensive (QI) courses, and a B.A. degree requires fourth semester proficiency in a second language. For UAC students who are not a native speaker in English, B.A. language requirements may be waived once they complete one semester at the U of U in Salt Lake Campus. If you have questions regarding B.A. language requirements, please email WLC Undergraduate Advising ( Some majors allow you to choose to do either a B.A. or a B.S., while others do not offer you a choice.

Phone: 032-626-6126 (+82-32-626-6126)

U Asia Campus Academic Policy

What is the maximum number of credits I can take in the University of Utah Asia Campus?

The maximum number of credits that students may complete at the UAC is 90. Once you complete 90 credits, a hold will be placed on your account and you will no longer be eligible to register for classes at the UAC until you have spent at least two semesters in Salt Lake City. All UAC students have to take at least 2 full semesters in SLC with a minimum of 24 credits.

The following students must submit the “Petition to Take Credits More than 90” form:

  • Transfer students who will exceed 90 earned credits with their transfer credits
  • Students returning from the SLC after taking a minimum of 24 credits in two semesters
  • Students who want to take up to 94 credits before transitioning to SLC

Class Registration

What is the new wait list policy?

Some classes sometimes fill quickly, so students are encouraged to plan ahead and enroll on your assigned Registration Date to help ensure timely graduation.

If a class is full when a student registers, wait listing allows a student to add their name to an electronic wait list and potentially be added to the class if space opens up, and they meet all the requirements. Wait listing is not a guarantee to enrollment into a class.

Wait listing is only available to classes that the department sees as benefiting from a wait list.

Once a student wait lists into a class, it is up to them to monitor whether they are added to the class or not. If a student is added and decides they no longer want the class, they are responsible for dropping the class prior to the last day to drop deadline. It is recommended that the student drop themselves from any classes they are wait listed in once they have set their final schedule.

Incheon Global Campus (IGC) Cross Registration

Are there any requirements to sign up for the IGC Cross Registration program?

UAC students can sign up for a cross-registration program with SUNY Korea and GMU in every Spring and Fall semesters.

  • Students need minimum CUM GPA of 3.0 or higher and complete Freshman Mandatory Advising
  • Register minimum of 12 credits at the UAC


When is my tuition due?

In general, tuition is due on one week from last day of drop/add date. Please read Academic Calendar here.


When should I apply for my graduation?

All undergraduate students must apply in advance for graduation to receive a degree from the University of Utah.

Click here for details.

Apply Now

The University of Utah Asia Campus is honored and excited to be one of the founding institutions of Incheon Global Campus.
We can’t wait to welcome you as a student.

Apply Now