In partnership with the universities on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), students at UAC campus can participate in a cross-registration program. This arrangement allows students to enroll in select courses at the other institutions on the IGC.
Let's take a look at how to take courses in other universities!
- Students who are interested in cross-registration must consult with Academic Advisor before they apply for cross-registration.
- You may enroll in only one cross-registered course per semester. Lifetime limit for each student is 2 cross-registered courses.
- You need to register minimum of 12 credits at the UAC first to apply for any course from sister institutions.
- Eligible students must be in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA or above: at least one semester completion of UAC) and have no holds on their accounts. First semester students are not permitted to enroll but may do so after completing their first semester. Transfer students to UAC are not permitted to cross-register in their first semester.
- The deadline to file an application is the Friday, 2 weeks prior to the semester starts. No late application is accepted.
- This is not a Study Elsewhere opportunity. You do not need to pay host universities for these credits. You will be charged from UAC based on the total number of credits in which you are enrolled at UAC and at host universities (as if they were all UAC credits). Any additional tuition amount necessary will be paid to UAC as part of your normal tuition bill.
- Unless an equivalent course is already specified, course equivalency check has not been completed and credit transfer is not guaranteed. Depending on your major, catalog year, and/or number of earned credits, certain courses will not transfer to U of U.
- Priority enrollment is given to students from the host university.
- Because of limits on some class sizes, application does not guarantee enrollment in the class. Please check your Umail regularly for any updates of acceptance and further instructions.
- Letter grades will be transferred back to UAC whenever applicable. There is no minimum grade required for grade transfer. Students’ transcript will be updated regardless of the grade the student receives.
- Upon completion, students must submit to the University of Utah SLC admission’s Office an official transcript from the visited institution for all course work taken. The official transcripts from the host institution must be mailed directly to U of U Admissions office.
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
201 S. 1460 E. ROOM 250 S
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84112
Steps to follow
- Check to see if your GPA is above 2.0 / do not have hold in your CIS / and you have completed first semester of school
- Plan to register minimum of 12 credits from UAC to maintain as full time student
- Check possible cross-registration class(es) from sister institutions
- Fill out only the cross-registration form if applying for GMU classes and a both the cross-registration form and the non-degree registration form if applying for SUNY classes (see below)
- It is MANDATORY to set up an advising appointment with the student advisor, Heidi Kim or SuHyen Um
- Make an appointment
- Get some advice on your plans for the semester and process the cross-registration form
- Check your Umail for sister institution’s ID number and further instructions: After submitting the cross registration form, it could take up to 3 weeks to process it
- Take the course from the sister institution
- After you take the course, go to the admission’s office at sister institution and get the official transcript
- Send the official transcript from sister institution to the U of U Salt Lake admissions’ office
The last day of filing an application is the Friday, 2 weeks prior to the semester starts.
No late application is accepted.
**Please be aware if you go over more than 17 credits including the credits that you are thinking to take from sister institutions, you will be billed $700 more per credit. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact the UAC Advising Center: email@example.com